Petropavlovsk operates its own powerful project engineering body.
Together, the Group’s engineering divisions undertake the following tasks:
- Perform work on the geoeconomic estimation of ore bodies
- Carry out a full body of scientific research work in areas of output, ore concentration and metallurgy
- Develop new technological solutions
- Project engineer the mining and processing enterprises, units of energy and transport infrastructures
- Achieve delivery, installation and start up of new equipment
- Conduct design work based on the most contemporary computer programs and newest technologies.
This division includes one of the oldest and most well respected leading scientific institutes in Russia: Irgiredmet (based in the Siberian city of Irkutsk), which was acquired by the Group in 2006.